Friday, June 24, 2011

iAdmiral and iPad 1 Beta

Judging from reviews, chatter in the forums, etc, the biggest problem people have with the game right now, is that it does not support iPad 1. It makes people angry to the point of calling me names, questioning my ability to code, etc etc. Fun stuff.

The real, and only, reason why the game does not support iPad 1 is that I do not own any 3rd gen Apple devices. I cannot test the game on them, so I have no idea how will they look, how fast will they run and even if they run at all. I plan on getting more toys from Apple, but that may take a while.

Luckily, there is a way to speed things up, to mutual benefit.

Do you guys know TestFlight? It's a service aimed exactly at this kind of situation - a platform for beta testing iOS apps. I'd like to welcome any of you wishing to play iAdmiral on iPad 1 or another not yet supported device to participate in beta tests.

What do you get?
1) To play the game earlier, and for free!
2) On not-yet-supported devices too!
3) To actually influence the game direction and features.
4) If you really help out, there will be PromoCodes coming your way after the update is released, so you will get the whole finished game for free too!

What do I get - faster and more through tests, resulting in a better game.

Seems like a win-win to me.

If you're interested, head here, and register your device. I should have a first beta build ready over the weekend.

Ahoy!

2 comments:

  1. Will register as well!
    Thank you for the explanation of why iPad 1 wasn't supported.
    Looking forward to helping...

    ReplyDelete